It’s been a pretty hectic two weeks around our house. Not only did we start a new month, we also just had a lot of things that we were trying to get off the ground. It may not officially be spring yet, but with this 80 degree weather we’ve been having lately, it certainly feels like it. Which has me feeling that spring cleaning bug a little early. So we’ve started making a plan and trying to get everything cleaned around the house.
I love purging the house of all of the old broken crap we’ve collected. It just feels so liberating. Like I’m lifting weights off of my shoulders.
Do you enjoy cleaning out the house?
On top of that, we decided to make an impromptu trip to Disney World last Sunday. I don’t know why we do that to ourselves. We love Disney and while we are there we have so much fun… But man that following Monday is a killer. After walking 17,000 steps while carrying Harper on my back for most of the 8 hours we were there, my back and knees are killing me. It doesn’t help that I managed to twist my ankle a little while back and now when I do a lot of walking it ends up inflamed and angry with me.
I seriously don’t understand how Shakira and Jennifer Lopez at 47 and 50 can be out on stage for the Super Bowl Halftime Show dancing like freaking snake charmers and swinging on a pole like a freaking goddess and I’m sitting here at 32 feeling like I’m going to die after a day at Disney. I can only hope to be that fit and healthy by the time I their ages.
I did manage to stay pretty active over the last few weeks, maintaining my three day a week workout routine, though I did not get out for any walks this past week.
Monday- Upper body
- standing overhead press (5 lbs)- 3 sets of 10
- dumbbell chest press (5 lbs)- 3 sets of 10
- Arnold presses (5 lbs)- 3 sets of 10
- single arm upright row (5 lbs)- 3 sets of 10 each side
- alternating dumbbell front to side raises (5 lbs)- 3 sets of 10
- lying triceps extension (5 lbs)- 3 sets of 10
- bicep curls (5 lbs)- 3 sets of 10
- kickbacks (5 lbs)- 3 sets of 10
- concentration curls (5 lbs)- 3 sets of 10
- 1 arm triceps extension behind the opposite ear (5 lbs)- 3 sets of 10 each side
- follow all of it up by stretching arms, back, and neck.
Wednesday- core and abs
- kettle bell swings 10 lbs kettle bell- 3 sets of 10
- plank- 30 seconds (pushing myself on these)
- standing oblique crunches- 3 sets of 10
- heel touches- 3 sets of 10
- leg raises- 3 sets of 10
- leg raise twists- 3 sets of 10
- Laying Side crunches- 3 sets of 10
- spider crunches into cross-body oblique crunch 3 set of 10 each side
Friday- lower body
I did these using 5 lbs dumbbells and a kettle bell.
- tempo rdl- 3 sets of 10 (tempo- 3 seconds down, 1 second up)
- sumo squats into rdl- 3 set of 10
- forward lunges- 3 set of 10
- glute bridges- 3 sets of 10 with 10 pound kettle bell
- lying side leg raises- 3 sets of 10
My weight has managed to stay around the same sitting at 228 for the last two weeks. So no real change in that but that’s ok.
I’m honestly not too surprised there wasn’t a huge change in weight. If anything, I’m surprised that I didn’t gain a bit of weight. It’s been a crazy couple of weeks and last week I just did not do good with my meal planning. But I’m back on track now and starting over at ground zero with the soda embargo.
Hopefully next week, I’ll have more to report on.
How is your February going so far? Let me know in the comment section below how your goals for the new year are going.
If you enjoyed this and would like to see other health and fitness related posts, make sure to hit that subscribe button and check out some of these other posts: