Ever so slowly a tiny white light of hope is starting to appear at the end of the Coronavirus tunnel. States are finally starting to lift “Safer at home” orders, stores and restaurants are starting to open to limited capacities, and beaches and parks are slowly beginning to fill. Things may not be 100% better but it is starting to feel like things are heading in the right direction.
In my state, we are looking at a phased reopening process, the beginnings of which started this week.
It’s exciting and nerve racking all at the same time.
My husband went into the office for the first time in eight weeks, Monday morning, and I swear it felt so odd being at home by myself with the kids. I had forgotten how quiet it was here without the sounds of him typing away feverishly at his keyboard, scaring the crap out of me as he slams down coffee mugs (he’s just loud and not exactly the most gentle of people) randomly, and suddenly blurting out expletives as he reads through yet another ridiculous email sent by a coworker.
I missed it.
That being said, I am excited that we finally have the ability to get out of the house and actually do something other than taking a car ride. I swear, every time I jingled my keys, the kids (and the husband) come running like a pack of puppies ready for their afternoon car ride or walk. It’s definitely time to bust out of this joint.
So in honor of this shitshow starting to end, I wanted to share some of the things I can’t wait to do once we are out of quarantine.
- Go on a date. Yeah yeah I know… I’ve been stuck in a house with my husband for the last eight weeks. You’d kind of think I was starting to get sick of seeing his face by now. But…I’m not. It’s one thing to be stuck in a house together with five kids, but it would be really nice to get away, just the two of us, for a few hours and have a nice relaxing dinner without having to worry about cleaning up after everyone or attempting to talk to each other while having to listen to stories of what LOL dolls are doing or how Spider-Man attacked a Ninja Turtle and was put in Jail by Kristoff.
- Go to the beach. Beaches here have actually been open for a couple of weeks but with very limited hours. You could go at the ass crack of dawn from 6am to 11am or again in the evening from 5pm to 8pm. Now, I love watching the sunrise over the beautiful green Atlantic just as much as the next girl but I’m going to be honest for a second… I am not a morning person. Catch me after 2 pm if you really want to do something with me because that’s when this girl’s brain finally wakes up. No amount of coffee can really get me buzzing before then. Functional… but in that I’m a zombie but I put on shoes kind of way. Thankfully those restricted hours have finally been lifted though (I guess you can’t catch the Rona from 11am to 5pm anymore) so we can go to the beach when we want to now and don’t have to worry about a crazy amount of crowding from people trying to stuff themselves in during a 3 hour period in the evening.
- Head to the theme parks. I’m going to sound like every cliche major sports game winner and say it…. I’M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! I’m an annual passholder to both Disney World and Universal Orlando and not being able to get my weekend theme park fix has been a pretty excruciating experience for me. I need my Disney fix guys! Unfortunately, that’s still a little while off but hopefully I’ll be able to get in there soon. I can’t wait to chow down on some over priced popcorn, with my Minnie Ears on, while walking down the center of Main St. The Castle shimmering in all of her glory in front of me while music and laughter drift around me and I roll my ankle in one of the trolley tracks after jumping out of the way of an old person on a runaway scooter. Seriously… dreams guys… dreams.
- Wander a book store. I absolutely love reading and because of this I have a collection of books that probably makes me look like I should be on an episode of hoarders. Nevertheless, I love getting new books and wandering the aisles of Books a Million or Barnes and Noble…or better yet Chamblin’s bookmine (when you know… you know) is one of my absolute favorite activities. I can get lost for hours in a bookstore. So I’m really looking forward to just being able to get out and wander aimlessly through the books until I find the next one I want to add to my collection.
- Have a spa day. I’m not normally a spa girl, but after being stuck inside the house for eight weeks with five kids, a husband, and a massive dog… I’m thinking I deserve a day at the spa. Managing to keep all five kids and the dog quiet while husband takes hour long phone calls multiple times a day alone is worthy of a manicure, pedicure, and maybe getting my hair done if you ask me. That mess is no joke.
So there you have it guys, the top five things I want to do after quarantine. What are you looking forward to doing once quarantine is lifted in your area? Let me know in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure to check some of my other’s below and don’t forget to hit that subscribe button!