Something you may not know about me is that I LOVE to bake. I always have. It’s what I do when I’m stressed, when I’m not feeling good, when I’m happy. You name the situation and I can probably be found in my kitchen baking something.
One of the things I’ve worked the hardest to perfect, because I have never been able to do it right, is the chocolate chip cookie. I don’t know what it is about these little assholes, but it’s been the only cookie I have ever had a problem with making. They just never came out right. I would make them too thin, they would burn, the taste would be off. Something would go wrong EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. My stubborn ass wouldn’t give up on it though. I kept trying and trying and FINALLY…. I made the perfect chocolate chip cookie.
What is the perfect chocolate chip cookie anyway?
Well thank you for asking, random person on the internet! The perfect chocolate chip cookie is not too thin. It’s also not overly thick. It has to have that perfect buttery sweetness without being too sweet or too buttery. It can’t be crunchy but it also can’t be too soft… it needs to be chewy. And it has to have just the right amount of chocolate chips… not too many or too few.
So as you can see… it’s a tricky process for me. But I finally have the right recipe and I’m going to share it with you so that you can have the perfect cookie too.
- 1 cup butter 1/2 cup melted and browned in a sauce pan ( melt and cook over medium heat for roughly 5 minutes until it starts to brown) other 1/2 cup room softened
- 1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 oz bag milk chocolate chips
- Melt 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter in a saucepan over medium to high heat. Once completely melted turn down the heat to medium and continue to cook (stirring frequently) for another 5 minutes or until butter starts to brown.
- In another large bowl, cream together eggs, vanilla extract, sugar, brown sugar, and other 1/12 cup of softened butter for about 2 minutes.
- Once melted butter is browned gently add in small amounts to creamed butter mixture in the large bowl. Making sure to drizzle slowly so as not to scramble the eggs.
- In another bowl mix together all dry ingredients then add to the wet mixture in three batches making sure to mix each completely before adding more.
- Once the batter is mixed, cover and place in the fridge for 2 hours. This is actually a really important step. You can leave it in the fridge longer but make sure to refrigerate it.
Ready to bake
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Scoop out and roll 1 tablespoon of dough and place on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart
- Bake on the middle rack for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Make sure to print out a copy of my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe for yourself and don’t forget to hit that subscribe button.