Hey guys! I wanted to share my white chicken chili recipe with you. This super delicious chili is full of beans and making it high in fiber and super filling without being overly heavy feeling.
If you’d like to see the video for this recipe, just click here!
What you’ll need:
3 large chicken breast (I used boneless skinless chicken breast)
24 oz chicken broth
1 can green chilies
1 tablespoon each- chili powder, cayenne powder, garlic powder,onion powder, smoked paprika, cumin, red pepper flakes
1/2 tablespoon thyme
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup milk (I used whole milk but you can use whatever milk you have on hand)
1 cup sour cream
2 can cannellini beans
2 cans great northern beans
2 cans navy beans
1 whole white onion
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
what you need to do:
1) Place olive oil into a large soup pot and begin to heat over medium high heat.
2) chop onion and place into oil add a pinch of salt and pepper and allow to cook for a couple of minute, storing periodically.
3) add in all of the beans- make sure that you use the whole can including the water in the can.
4) add in the jar of green chilies and mix everything together.
5) add in the chicken broth
6) add all spices and squeeze in the juice of 2 limes ( I will also throw the entire lime into the chili once I’ve squeezed it) and mix thoroughly
7) place chicken breast into the soup. Cover with a tight fitting lid and turn the temperature down to medium. Allow the chili to cook for 2-3 hours, stirring every now and then so nothing sticks
8) once the chicken is cooked through, remove from the soup and shred.
9) place the shredded chicken back into the chili and mix completely.
10) add in a cup of sour cream, 1/2 of a cup of heavy whipping cream, and 1/2 of a cup of milk to the chili and mix thoroughly until the sour cream is completely melted
11) add salt and pepper to taste
serve chili hot topped with a little extra sour cream, a few slices of avocado, some crunchy tortillas or tortilla chips and lime!
I hope you guys enjoy!